October was pretty equal with September, which is not too bad - for me. I read a total of 8 books and one novella, if you count If I Stay which I finished on the first of October (and already talked about in my last wrap up, so will be ignoring from this point forward). I read four books from my 8-book planned October TBR, which is better than I was expecting, considering I never read what I plan to. Here are the books:
1. Night of Cake and Puppets by Laini Taylor (mini review)
2. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (mini review)
3. Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick (mini review)
4. 172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad (mini review)
5. Messenger of Fear by Michael Grant (review)
6. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas (5 stars)
7. Messenger by Lois Lowry (4 stars)
8. Son by Lois Lowry (4 stars)
8. Son by Lois Lowry (4 stars)
Throne of Glass was a reread so that I could move on to Crown of Midnight; I'm glad I made time to do that. This month has been a little bumpy with my reads, with a range of ratings. My favourite reads were Night of Cake and Puppets and Crown of Midnight (both 5 stars) and my least favourites were Black Ice (2 stars) and 172 Hours on the Moon (3 stars).
|I'm currently reading These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner. It's okay so far; slow going, but intriguing. I'm hoping to warm up to it a little more, but I'm having a little difficulty with the characters - one slightly more than another.|
November is going to be a weird month for me. I still have exams for the first two weeks, so that will probably inhibit my reading, but after they're finished I literally have ALL the free time. I'm going on a mini holiday with some friends at the end of the month, so that could either make or break my reading too. All things considered, I'm just going to list some books that I'm planning to read next apart from what I am currently reading. Oh, and a couple are carried over from October's TBR.
1. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (reread)
2. The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (reread)
3. The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (I CANNOT CONTAIN THE EXCITEMENT)
4. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge (currently at the library waiting for me)
5. Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
6. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows (reread)
7. Asunder by Jodi Meadows (reread)
8. Infinite by Jodi Meadows
The Mara Dyer books are not optional this month! I must read them! I will probably be avoiding the internet as of the 4th, because I do not want to be spoiled for this series. I'm in the queue for Snow Like Ashes at my library, but I'm not sure if it's going to arrive this month because sometimes it takes them a while to get new releases - we'll see. Same goes for The Young Elites by Marie Lu (not pictured) - I'm fourth in the queue for it, so I think that may take longer than a month to get to me.
I hope you had a fabulous October! Are you doing anything for Halloween? What were your favourite and least favourite books of the month?
Thanks for reading and I will have another post up soon!