I have two tags today, so beware, it's going to be a long post! I'm finally getting into the Christmas spirit, and what better way to celebrate?
Thank you to Jennie over at A Bookworm Called Jennie for tagging me in this one!
The tag was created by Crazy For YA and these are the guidelines:
1) Pick at least one book/series for each category
2) Spread some holiday cheer by tagging at least 3 bloggers
3) Add your link to the original post
The YA Contemporary Lover
The Fantasy Lover
The Romance Lover
The Music Lover
The Sci-Fi Lover
The Mystery/Thriller Lover
The Christmas Lover
I think The Giver has something in it for everyone and it's not too difficult to read or too long, so even non-reader friends or family would be willing to give it a go.
I also haven't yet finished My True Love Gave to Me, but honestly, I haven't read a purely Christmas book before this!
Thank you to Connie @The YA Book Thief for tagging me to do The Christmas Carol Tag :)
Here are my responses!
1. "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch" - Name a villainous character you can't help but love to hate.
|Voldemort. I'm sorry. I know, this answer is so typical. But there's really no one that I love to hate, apart from Voldemort and I suppose Bellatrix. There are characters that appear the be villainous that I love, but they are not truly evil like these two.|
2. "All I Want for Christmas Is You" - What book do you most want to find under your Christmas tree this year?
|This is one that I am expecting. I picked it out earlier in the year and saw my mum buy it, and she said I'd have to wait until Christmas for it. I decided that was okay, and now I'm really hoping she hasn't forgotten about it! |
Other than this, I'm hoping/expecting either A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray or The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon. I know my sister got one of these two for me.
3. "Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer" - Name your favourite character that had to overcome a major obstacle. Why are they your favourite?
|Will Herondale is always my favourite. He had one specific major obstacle that broke my heart, but you don't find out what it is until Clockwork Prince...|
4. "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" - Which character do you think is at the top of Santa's "Nice" List and which is at the top of his "Naughty" List?
|I don't think anyone can deny that Jem Carstairs is practically an angel. He's an adorably nice character who is always looking out for others, and tries to see the best in everyone. Arobynn Hamel, however, makes my blood boil.|
5. "Frosty the Snowman" - What book just melts your heart?
|Does this need an explanation?|
6. "Feliz Navidad" - Your favourite book that takes place in a country other than your own?
|So... pretty much any of my favourite books. I'm going to go with Divergent, because I feel like I don't talk about it enough in relation to how much I love it. By the way, have any of you seen the full trailer for Insurgent? Thoughts? |
(Psst, mine aren't too good.)
7. "It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" - What book do you read to get you into the Christmas spirit?
|I don't usually read a specific book to get me into the Christmas spirit, but I have got Dash and Lily's Book of Dares on hold from the library. It's Christmas-y, right?|
8. "Sleigh Ride" - What character would you most want to spend the holiday with?
|Can I say all of them? I have so many characters that I would love to spend any day with, never mind Christmas. I'm going to go with Dorian from Throne of Glass because I've been feeling bad for him lately.|
9. "Baby It's Cold Outside" - Which book do you hate so much you'd sacrifice it to the fire to stay warm?
I can't do that!
10. "Do You Hear What I Hear?" - What book would you recommend to everyone?
|Apart from The Giver, which I mentioned in the last tag above, I would choose A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. It's a story that everyone can relate to in some way, I'm sure.|
Now I suppose it is time to tag people! Feel free to do both tags, either or none! :)