Thursday 1 October 2015

September Wrap Up


Hi there!  It's me, Sabrina.  There's a few things I want to talk about in this month's wrap up, but I will start with what books I read (and didn't read).  I've had a fairly pathetic month, having finishing only 3 books, one of which I read mostly in August.






1.  Incarnate by Jodi Meadows (reread, 4 stars)
2.  The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh (3 stars)
3.  Cloudwish by Fiona Wood (3.5 stars)
4.  The Protected by Claire Zorn (DNF)

Firstly, I finished Incarnate.  It surprised me because it was just as good as I remembered it being when I first read it almost exactly two years ago.  I thought that maybe my opinion would have changed with time and experience, but I still really enjoyed it, even if Ana isn't the easiest person to get along with.

My next read was The Wrath and the Dawn, which took me way too long to read - almost two weeks.  I thought this one was going to be a lot better than it was, and I won't say any more because I will definitely have a review out this month sometime.

I enjoyed Cloudwish and loved the main character.  I liked that it brought up some really important issues, and looked at high school in such a realistic way.  It was also nice that it was set in Victoria, where I live.  For some reason, that just makes a book more special to me.  It was nice to be able to recognise the settings.

Unfortunately, The Protected just wasn't for me.  It was altogether too depressing for the space I was in at the time I picked it up.  It was silly of me to decide to read it, knowing what it was about.  If you are looking for a story about dealing with grief though, this would be the perfect book.

I'm currently reading Uprooted (which I am adoring), and should be finished in a day or so, as well as The Heir and Asunder - so I will be finishing those this month along with (hopefully) some books from my spring cleaning reading list which I failed to make a dent in in September.


So, now onto where I have been for the last while.  I posted an update not too long ago, saying that I would be gone for a week, but that turned into almost a month.  Most of the update post continued to be true throughout the month of September - I have been practically drowning in assignments and tests for uni, the worst that it's been all year, so I just had no time.  I think that reflects pretty clearly in how much I read too.  On top of no blogging and hardly reading, I haven't been keeping up with other people's blogs much either, so I'm sorry about that but I will slowly be catching up because... drum roll... Uni finished today!

Okay, that's not strictly true - I still have about 6 hours of online work to do over the next three weeks and one (entirely multiple choice) exam on the 20th, but I think that gives me plenty of time to start getting back to what I enjoy doing.  It can only get better from here.

If you're still around, thank you for reading this post, and I will definitely have some more up soon!

How was your month?  Happy Reading!

8 comments:

  1. Uni can be a bitch and there's no denying it! Happy to see you back now that it is (mostly) over! Funny how next week will be my turn to start hahaha I'll be looking forward to your review of The Wrath & The Dawn because despite the initial hype, now lower ratings are starting to come up and I'm curious about it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that is so very true. Thanks Noelia :)
      It is funny how that works - good luck!
      Well I hope I can give some insight!

      Delete
  2. Wrath and the Dawn <3 I haven't read it yet, but I really want to because I'm so curious why it's so popular. I'm sorry Uni is being so hard on you. I can't believe you disappeared for a month, but that's completely reasonable anyway. I hope Uni would be better for you this October :D Happy October Sabrina!

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I read it too - everyone seemed to love it!
      Thanks for your sympathy aha :) It has been a long time, and I hardly even realised it because I was so busy!
      Thanks Jillian - Happy October to you too!

      Delete
  3. I'm always so amazed at how people can do school, read, AND blog. I know I wouldn't be able to do it. I haven't read any of the books that you've mentioned, but I've been really curious about Incarnate. I hope your October goes more smoothly for you :).

    Sarah @ The Reading Petal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely difficult. I don't understand how people in their final years of high school find the time!
      I hope you decide to pick up Incarnate one day - in my opinion, it's very under-hyped.
      Thanks Sarah :)

      Delete
  4. Better than none. :-)
    Happy October!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts
Back to Top