I'm so very excited about today's Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by The Broke and the Bookish) topic. So excited in fact, that I wrote this post up two weeks early. Also, I know I'm going to have an exam on this day, so it'll make me feel better to have something already prepared. So, the topic - it's 10 Wishes I'd Ask The Book Genie To Grant Me. I've thought long and hard about my answers to this, and they're not in any particular order, but here they are.
1. My Personal Dream Library
There are a few specifics to this dream library:
- It must be at least two storeys high and have sliding ladders to help me reach the top shelves (I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I am quite short)
- It must have at least one floor to ceiling window (facing a forest with a stream flowing through it - there must be no evidence of human civilisation in sight) with a window seat and huge velvet curtains that would never get shut
- The entrance must be secret; there will be a small bookcase in a forgotten corridor of my house which has a secret book that you have to pull down in order for the bookcase to swing inwards, revealing the dark corridor that leads
TO YOUR DOOM to a door that leads
to my grand library
- It's a mostly YA library
- Also the shelves are constantly refilled with new releases
That's not too much to ask for... right?
2. Extra Reading Days
For every normal day, I would like an extra day for reading time.
3. Please Can I Have...
4. Bring Diana Wynne Jones Back to Life
I don't think this needs much explanation. Howl's Moving Castle is my favourite book of ever, so... yeah.
5. Attend A Talk By J.K. Rowling
I'm not in the business of just meeting people. I would like to hear this author talk, but I don't think I would be able to find the words to talk back. I don't really care what the topic is, as long as there is a mention of Harry Potter. And of course there would have to be a crowd of other people there listening too, so it wasn't so weird.
6. Meet All The (Good) Characters From The Infernal Devices
I know I literally just said I don't like just meeting people, but I figure these guys would be too busy hunting demons to pay me any attention, so I'd be fine just saying a quick hello and then watching them save the world. Maybe Tessa and Will would be interested in my super awesome library.
And it must be an indestructible copy, so their sister can spill a fruit smoothie all over it and it won't be harmed. That's right little sister, I may have forgiven but I am never going to forget that incident :P
8. A Friend in 'Real Life' That Likes Reading Like I Like Reading
Please, can I at least have one? I've never had a close friend who likes reading quite as much as me. I had one friend that I only ever spoke to on the bus who did, but we were never that close because we didn't have any of the same friends or classes. I have friends who like reading, but they only read a few books a year. *Sigh* I am a lonely bookworm.
9. For the Skill and Patience to Write a Book
I'm going to be attempting to write a story next month in November. I am completely unprepared, but I still think it will be a good month to start writing something. I am really, really hoping that it's something I will be able to do well, and that I will at least finish one story. I have so many ideas, but no idea if I have the patience to write them. Scary stuff.
10. For Everyone To Be Able To Read
Maybe this should have been my top priority. Anyway, I'm sure you're all aware that there is a significant proportion of people in the world who were not taught to read. Obviously, I wish this wasn't the case.
Do you have a dream library? Be sure to link me to your TTTs!