Thursday 11 September 2014

Mini Book Haul

It's not often that I get physical books of my own, so when I do, it's exciting!


It's especially thrilling for me when they arrive in the mail.  There's just something about not knowing when they're going to turn up...

So, you can imagine that I was exuberant when I arrived home from school yesterday to find not one, but two packages that I had been expecting on my bed.

Without further ado, here are some photos.  Please ignore my strange thumb, unfortunately Wingardium Leviosa was not working for me this afternoon.

































I finally purchased Ruin and Rising!  I'm still yet to read Siege and Storm however.  I want to read the whole trilogy at once, so I'm waiting until I have sufficiently forgotten the events of Shadow and Bone.

I also bought Heir of Fire (as you can see).  And... I haven't read Crown of Midnight yet.  I'm hoping to read this series all the way through once I've finished school this year (only 6 weeks left until I finish classes, and 2 months to-the-day until I am finished all my final exams!).

Mum recently bought me The Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black, but I agreed that it was alright if she put it away until Christmas.  So I am going to be strong and wait until then.


Thanks for reading!  What was your last book purchase?  Did you get as excited as I did?

6 comments:

  1. Great haul!
    I purchased Ruin and Rising recently as well but I haven't read any book in the trilogy... I'm waiting to marathon all of them. And I'm dying to get my hands on Heir of Fire, but I want it in hardcover (why they have to be so darn expensive??)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noelia!
      Good idea - I hope you like Shadow and Bone as much as I did!
      I agree, hardcovers are super expensive D: That's why I mostly stick to paperbacks.

      Delete
  2. I AM CURRENTLY SCREAMING BECAUSE I SEE HEIR OF FIRE!!! I also really want to read Shadow of Bone, and there's a book that Cassandra Clare co-wrote?? How did I not know about this???

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! You should really read Shadow and Bone! One of my favourite books. Maybe you didn't know because it's middle grade and only came out a few days ago? :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome haul! I also want to read the Grisha trilogy at once considering they're all released now~ I've heard so many positive reviews of Shadow and Bone.
    Waiting until Christmas? :O Such self-control! I'd drop all my schoolwork and start binge-reading the book right away xD
    I hope you can get to reading Crown of Midnight soon! (: Throne of Glass was great, but CoM blew it out of the water <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Shadow and Bone was amazing!
      It's going to take a lot for me to hold back from asking for it! But I think I have enough unread books to keep me going until then, so I should be alright.
      Hopefully I will! I've heard some great things about CoM, I just hope it lives up to my expectations.

      Delete

Related Posts
Back to Top