This week's Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is top ten inspiring quotes. I'm not the kind of person who can spout quotes off the top of their head, but I do have a little notebook with special quotes that I've written down. Also there was a period of time where I would go through the Goodreads quote page for every book I read and like my favourite quotes from that. Now that I've remembered this little habit, I'm going to go catch up on the books I forgot to do...
1. "We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.”
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
3. “If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
4. “It’s true what they say about answers only leading to more questions. There will always be more to find out, more to learn, more to do.”
- Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
Full quote: "Hope can be a powerful force. Maybe there’s no actual magic in it, but when you know what you hope for most and hold it like a light within you, you can make things happen, almost like magic."
6. “If you could predict or foresee everything that was going to happen, you’d lose the motivation to go through it all. The promise was always in the possibility.”
- Panic by Lauren Oliver
7. "That’s the secret to performance: conviction. The right note played tentatively still misses its mark, but play boldly and no one will question you."
- Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
9. “So, I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we’ll never know most of them. But even if we don’t have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there.”
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
10. “It be better, I think, to climb out in search of something instead of hating what you’re leaving.”
- Son by Lois Lowry
So there you go - ten of my favourite inspiring quotes. And all I have to say about the pictures I made is:
As usual, be sure to link me to your Top Ten Tuesdays in the comments! :)