Today I am here with the news that I've been nominated for a Liebster award by my friend Jay @ Books By Jay - thanks very much! If you've been around for a while, you'll know I did a couple of these last year (which you can see here and here - just remember, I was a different person back then lol) and you'll also know that I am ridiculously bad at picking people to tag. So, hopefully no one minds if I just use Jay's questions for a Q&A post. Here goes!
1. What is your favourite genre of music?
I’m honestly not sure. This is mostly because there are a lot of different opinions on what genre my favourite music is actually from, so it's not as simple as googling it - though trust me, I tried.
2. How many books are on your TBR?
As of this very moment, I have 731 books on my entire TBR list. On my more immediate TBR list, I only have 105. Pfft, "only".... who am I kidding? Even if I don't add any more books to that list, it'll (sadly) take me at least two years to get through 105 books.
3. What is your favourite book / series?
I have to go with Harry Potter, though Howl's Moving Castle is very close behind along with the rest of the 60 books on my favourites list.
4. Which book intimidates you?
Well this one’s easy: A Game of Thrones. There's not much more to say on that apart from EIGHT HUNDRED AND THIRTY FIVE PAGES.
5. If you were to be given a book as a gift, which one would you like to receive?
So many options! Right now I would probably say The Night Circus because I know I want it (since I read and loved it), and I will probably own it within the next couple years, but I can't bring myself to buy it just yet. I've gotta save up!
6. Do you like classics? If so, which one is your favourite?
I can’t say that I’ve read many classics. I know, I know. I am reasonably ashamed. But I really do love Pride and Prejudice.
7. What is the one thing that you don’t leave your house without (other than your phone or money)?
8. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Hopefully, I'll be on a holiday in ten years.
In other words - I have no idea.
9. What would you like to do for a living?
I would love to do something involving animals. Research for endangered species, perhaps?
10. What is your biggest bookish pet peeve?
I have a few, but I'm slowly getting over them aha. The main one that I used to get so angry about is owning books from the same series that aren't the same size or have non-matching covers. Now I just kind of sigh and deal with it.
11. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Introverted, (hopefully) nice and worried.
So that's that! Thanks for reading!