Soundtrack Saturday is a weekly meme created by Erin at The Hardcover Lover. The idea is to pick a book and match up songs to it. You can either do a mini-soundtrack (which has guiding questions) or a full soundtrack. Now, I've usually gone with the mini-soundtrack option, but today I'm trying out the full soundtrack option! And my chosen book is Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I've also decided not to explain my choices this week, because I think that if you've read the book (and know the lyrics) you'll understand. So, I guess if you haven't read the book you could consider some of my song choices to be SPOILERS, so watch out if you haven't read or seen the movie. Oh, and as usual, I'm basing my picks on my general interpretation of the lyrics rather than sound. I wouldn't put these songs in a movie, they just remind me of events and characters.
1. Black Cat - Mayday Parade
2. Lying - Amy Meredith
3. Blank Space - Taylor Swift
4. Heartless - A Day To Remember
5. Lights Out - Breaking Benjamin
6. The Storm - Of Mice and Men
7. A Shot Across the Bow - Mayday Parade
8. Red in Tooth and Claw - Memphis May Fire
9. Black Widow - Iggy Azalea ft. Rita Ora
10. Loverboy - You Me At Six
11. Ugly Heart - G. R. L.
12. End of Me - A Day To Remember
So there's my soundtrack for this week - be sure to link yours below!